Where's Pollyanna when I need her? I think typically these blogs are supposed to be cheery and upbeat and make everyone happy for us, but I am not afraid to share my not so Pollyanna moments. These last few days the "venom" of life has gotten the better of me and left me grouchy.It started at my little sis, Mary's, volleyball game. She is a Senior at RHS and I am soooooo going to miss watching her volleyball games each fall. They were playing in their district competition to see who would go to the state competition. My dad has accepted the responsibility this year of being a line judge at each of their home games and it just so happened that districts were hosted by Rigby this year. So, there was my dad being a line judge. And to my left up in the stands was a family from the opposing team (who shall remain nameless) who proceeded to criticize my dad and his calls. When I could take no more I leaned over and said, "Please be careful what you say, that is my dad making those calls and I think he is being more than fair to everyone." The criticizm continued and vulgarity was thrown in too. I finally got up and moved (in a very angry fashion). I came home feeling the "venom". (Mary you played awesomely by the way! Nice job!!)
Unfortunately, the venom found its way into my place of employment. First, I love where I work and who I work for. But I've recently become aware of some office issues that I really wish could get worked out. I came home from work Thursday and Friday with more "venom".
Then to top it all off, Drew is sick again. I promise I am a clean mom. I'm not "extreme" clean, but we wash our hands several times a day and or house is cleaned thoroughly at least once a week.
But, there is hope. My thoughtful brother Miles is really good at winnning radio contests and he won tickets to the Lady Antebellum concert in IF on Monday night. He realized he had to work late that night and thought of Dustin and I. I gladly accepted the tickets. Thank you, thank you, thank you Miles!!! You gave me. . . something to look forward to!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment