Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My first "tag"!

So my sweet sister-in-law Cheryl tagged me and here goes The eight. . .

Things I am passionate about. . .
1. Dustin
2. Drew
3. The rest of the great people I call family
4. How the money gets spent
5. Music
6. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
7. Food--mostly sweets
8. Flossing

Words or phrases that I say often. . .
1. What? (Trying to make sense of Drew's "words")
2. I love you
3. How often do you brush and floss your teeth?
4. Don't touch that!!!
5. Noooo!!!
6. I'm so tired!
7. Drew is out of milk
8. Shhh! Drew's sleeping

Things I want to do before I die. . .
1. Learn to play the guitar
2. Live in a real home (not the back of a shop--even though I love the beautiful work you did Dustin)
3. See as much of the world as I can
4. Make as many friends as I can
5. Teach my children the things they need to know to succeed in life
6. Go to a Celine Dion concert (she has an amazing voice!!!)
7. Write music to share with others
8. Do all that I can. . . (2 Nephi 25:23)

Things I've learned. . .
1. Life is not fair (I learn this over and over and over again--it's starting to sink in)
2. It's best to just say what you need to say at the right time than hold it in until it either escapes or explodes at a not so appropriate moment
3. Daily flossing really is necessary to have truely clean teeth
4. The sacrifice and work invovled in becoming a parent is totally worth it because the sweet little people make life so much more meaningful and fun and exciting
5. Honesty is the best policy, but some people just don't really want to know/hear the truth
6. Endurance is easier than stopping and starting over and over again (this applies to many things!)
7. Music has power to motivate (for good and for bad)
8. Don't let other people's opinion of you go to your head (most of the time they are being way to mean or way to nice)
*Disclaimer--ok so maybe I haven't truely learned all of these (except for the flossing thing) but I am working on them!

Places I would love to go or see. . .
1. Hawaii
2. Havasupai Falls-they look gorgeous!
3. The Sacred Grove
4. Alaska (right now would be good--I miss Dustin!)
5. The other 40 beaches of Florianopolis, Brasil that I didn't make it to
6. The places the Savior walked
7. An M&M factory (it's a nickname thing)
8. Eastern U.S.--New York, Boston, Washington D.C.
*And many, many more places!!

Things I currently need or want. . .
1. Company (I miss Dustin)
2. New glasses--mine are soooo old!
3. Sleep
4. Milk and dog food (for my two "babies")
5. Food storage
6. Wisdom (to use in parenting, my Young Women's church calling, and marriage and more)
7. More Jolly Time Kettle Mania popcorn (my new addiction)
8. Someone to tune my piano

People I tag. . .
1-8. Well, how about anyone who happens to read this and wants to share :)

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Thanks so doing this Emily. It's kind of fun and it was great to learn more about you! Thanks for your comment on my blog too! You are so sweet.