Tuesday, September 23, 2008
The best. . . The worst. . .
I am of the opinion that becoming a mother brings the greatest joys of life. I am also of the opinion that motherhood holds some of the worst moments in life as well. I have just survived a little of the latter. Yesterday would rank up there as one of the worst days of my life. Now I want you to understand that I know there are much, much worse things that could happen and I will take this recent trial to any of those, but I hope I don't have to relive this experience for a long, long time. Now that I have this huge intro here's what it all comes down to: the flu! Drew threw up 14 times yesterday!!!! I changed my clothes 4 times and Drew's 8 times. I did three loads of laundry washing blankets, pillows, clothes and rags. I've cleaned my rug with four different cleaners and I will probably use them all again tomorrow just for safe measure. By the end of the day I was so drained. My mom stopped by with some Gatorade for Drew and I was sooo grateful for the visit. She took over for a couple of hours reading Drew stories. He loves to read stories with Grandma. Even my poor mom didn't escape the destruction--sorry mom, I know you've been thrown up on before, but you should be past those fun times after raising 8 of your own. So far today our score is zero. Hopefully it continues and proves to be a twenty-four hour flu that is over for good. So, of sorts, I feel like I have lived through a rite of passage for moms. I feel for those of you with more than one sick child at a time (I'm sure my day will come). And I am especially sympathetic for those of you that do this all as a single parent. Dustin gets home tonight and I will gladly end this run of single parenting. Thanks for letting me share my trial--here's hopin' the bug misses all of your homes!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
NO!!! I hate this time of year!!! I hope mine is only a 24 hour bug too. Don't you wish sometimes that you didn't know so much about microbiology? The flu is way more exhausting for germ-a-phobes!
That's no fun! I hope he feels better soon and you do too! But YAY, Dustin is home and that must be nice. You can have him just take of Drew after being gone for two weeks.
good to hear your husband will be back so he can take care of you too! you and your little guy getting feeling better!
Post a Comment