Thursday, September 11, 2008
I'm a hunting widow
Okay so I'm only a "widow" for 2 weeks. Dustin left for his once-in-a-lifetime, "dream" hunt in Alaska early yesterday morning. He and his dad are hoping to bring back big moose heads to put on their walls. Dustin's will hang happily in his shop (I just can't handle the fright of walking past a dead animal on the way to the bathroom late at night!) I have two hopes for their adventure: they survive (no major injuries or death--other than their prize animals of course) and they have a great/marvelous/amazing time (making it worth the large price tag). Okay, so, I don't really understand the enjoyment in hunting: no shower, stinky, sweaty, way to long, way to cold, camping trip. Not to mention the killing an animal part. No offense to those of you who do enjoy it, but it's just not my thing. But, it is Dustin's thing and he really is living a dream so I am happy for him. And, I am learning a new appreciation of the meat Dustin brings home--it's way better than anything I could buy in the store! Anyway--I love you and miss you Dustin--not that you will be reading this anytime soon being out in the middle of nowhere as you are, but maybe you can catch my loving vibes tonight as you shiver in your tent listening for scary bears that I sincerely hope are not hungry for stinky men out for their moose. Hopefully these next two weeks go by quickly!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So even though that was a hilarious post, I really hope that you can get through these two weeks and that Dustin does come back alive! :) If you need anything, let us know! Him leaving for two weeks makes Robert leaving for two days not seem so bad.
i have read a couple of girls blogs that have referred to themselves as "hunting widows".. i have to say i couldn't be more thrilled jeremy is not into hunting that much.. but i'm sorry for you that your husband is! boys!!!!! good luck as widow.. hope you survive Ü you're so funny
Post a Comment