Thursday, August 6, 2009

Why couldn't I be more like a lion??

Did you know that lions on average have their cubs after only 108 days of pregnancy? That's only about 3 1/2 months. I would have had my baby back in the middle of March!!!!! The blog has been silent for a long time because I am leading a very boring life of waiting. I had some early signs of labor back at 28 weeks, so I've been trying to take it easy (watching my summer disappear :( ) It has been a boring and very uncomfortable few months. I am now so excited to be done and meet my little boy, but of course now that I want it to happen, it won't! So, I'm am sitting at my computer google-ing pregnancy and I notice how lucky some animals are. Rabbits are only 30 days!! But they also have a gajillion babies at once (no thanks!!) And all I can say is poor poor African elephants--645 days or 22 months. Maybe I'll just be grateful it's only nine-ish months for us humans and go take another nap!

3 comments:

Burdick Family said...

Oh you poor girl. I'm sorry you're having a miserable summer. Both my kids were due in January, and I felt like I was hot all the time even then! I can't imagine going through it in the heat of summer. I hope things go well for you! Can't wait to see pictures when the new little guy decides to come!

Celeste Tabakece said...

You are so funny. I'm glad you always have a positive way to look at things. I'm sure once you are going in to the hospital you will be thinking "wait, I want to go back...I'm not ready for this" Who knows. You are awesome! Can't wait until he's here.

VicandNanc said...

Oh, good luck, only 3 more weeks to go! Ya, I'm glad we're not elephants either!