Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Saddle Man

Okay, so I've been meaning to post some stuff about my hubby and I am finally taking the time to do it. For those of you who do not know, Dustin owns a saddle business with his dad and brother, Henderson Saddle Company. They make beautiful saddles and sell them to people from all over the country (and sometimes other countries). Saddlemaking is an art--they hand tool all of the designs on the saddles. It is a cool process to observe the saddle as it comes together. Maybe someday I'll post some pics of the process. These are some photos from a show that I just went to with Dustin in Jordan Valley, OR (literally a town in the middle of nowhere). We had a fun time together and Drew especially enjoyed being outside all day for three days.


3 comments:

Will and Heidi said...

Those are BEAUTIFUL! Nice job.

Hayley said...

I heard it turned out good. Drew is such a cute cowboy! hope you guys had a good memorial day. So I started a blog of all my stuff I make, feel free to take a look...
pixieprincesses.blogspot.com its been fun learning to sew. I have a million projects I want to start.

Unknown said...

That is beautiful workmanship Dustin, If I owned a horse I would love that. That little guy is adorable and congrats on the new baby coming your way. 2 boys will be loads of fun.
Sincerely
Jennifer Hartgrave
My blog is mommybear5.blogspot.com