This was taken the night before Drew was born.
I know it looks like I shoved a basketball under my shirt, but this photo is the real thing I promise!
Cute Baby
Thanks for the tag Heather--it's always nice to be given a blog topic! So here's some info on Drew and what I know of babe # 2.
1) Where were you when you found out? At home (in the bathroom), but I suspected I was with both due to the random queasy stomach.
2) Who did you first tell? Dustin and the family soon after. I had to explain why I was sick all the time (as if it probably wasn't obvious!)
3) Did you find out the sex of the baby? Yes, how else do you know what to buy: blue or pink?? I enjoy surprises, but I do not have the patience to wait nine months for one.
4) Did you have morning sickness? Unfortunately, yes. It was much worse with Drew than it has been this time though. I was miserable for five months with Drew and I am already starting to feel better this time at 12 weeks!!! Yeah!
5) How much weight did you gain? With Drew I lost 12 pounds in the first 5 months, but I gained 30 by the time he was born. Don't know and don't care this time :)! We don't even own a scale.
6) Did you get any stretch marks? I didn't notice any.
7) Did you have any cravings? Yes--fruit. I love Jamba Juice!!! This time I just got myself a gift card when I found out I was pregnant--it was my way of congratulating and consuling myself at the same time. And this time-salt and vinegar potato chips.
8) Were there any complications? Drew was three weeks early, but he was healthy and I was totally fine with a 37 wk pregnancy.
9) When and where did you go into labor? I was asleep in bed and a little after 1 AM I woke up to a little "pop" and I told Dustin (who was awake and watching tv) that I thought my water just broke. I didn't wonder anymore when I stood up--it was pretty obvious!! I had noooo idea how much water was inside me holy moly!!!! We quickly threw a bag together (I hadn't packed one yet) and by the time we got to the hospital my contractions were 2 minutes apart and starting to get very uncomfortable!
10) Did your water break? Uh huh and boy am I very grateful I was at home and not at the grocery store--that would have been soooo embarassing!!
11) Who drove you to the hospital? Dustin--very quickly too
12) Who was in the room for the birth? Dustin, my mom (thank heavens--she helped me with the experience and got the nurses to pay attention to me when they were scoffing at me saying I thought I was ready to push), the doctor, and some verrrry surprised nurses.
13) Was the baby born early or late? 3 wks early
14) How long were you in labor for? Well I had contractions on and off for about a week and then after my water broke it was a little over 4 hours.
15) Did you have any drugs for the pain? The nurse's words, "Hon, you're doing so good. You have at least 4 more hours to decide to get an epidural or not so hang in there a little longer." Fifteen minutes later Drew was in my arms.
16) Natural or C-section? Natural
17) What was your first reaction after birth? Total amazement. What an amazing thing to see your first child for the first time--very exciting and very overwhelming. There were tears of joy and exhaustion and a little fear. I wondered if I could really care for this little person who was totally dependent on me.
18) How big was the baby? 6 lbs. 5 oz. and 18 inches
19) Date and time of birth: April 14, 2007 (his Grandma Henderson's bday) 5:24 AM
20) Baby's name: Andrew Robert Henderson
21) Does the name have any significant meaning? Andrew after Dustin's Grandpa Henderson and Robert after Dustin's dad and Robert is also Dustin's middle name
22) Did the baby have any complications? Nope, unless causing major sleep deprivation for his parents is considered a complication :)
23) How old is the baby today? He'll be 2 on April 14th
24) What kind of temperament has the baby had so far? Very fun and playful and curious. He's had a sense of humor since he was very young and loves to be goofy and make faces. He loves to do stuff, go places and see things.
25) Would you change anything about it? Only the nausea--I can't stand being sick!
I tag anyone who would like to share their baby story.
2 comments:
Thanks for sharing Emily! It sounds like you had a similar situation that I had with my first. No epidural! I'm so sorry we both had to experience that--and the nausea! Ugh. Glad to hear you're feeling a little better already. I love the pics you posted. Your belly really does look like a basketball. It made me uncomfortable just looking at it!
You really did look like you had a basketball under your shirt!! That's funny (I'm sure you didn't think so though)! I had no idea that Drew came 3 weeks early or his middle name!! I learned a lot from this post.
Post a Comment