Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you'd better be running.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you'd better be running.
I wish I knew who authored this quote. I love it!!! My life recently feels like I am always running just to finish the bare necessities of life (work, laundry, food, and a little time for loving :) So you might think I am crazy to make time in that picture to actually run. But crazy or not, I love to run. It is my time tested and proven best stress buster ever. On the days I squeeze in my trot for tranquility I feel so much more prepared to roll with the punches. Instead of losing my cool when things don't go as planned, I am able to smoothly transition to plan B without much frustration. I know that running doesn't do the same for everyone, but I think we each have our own inner harmony restoring activity that leaves us feeling refreshed and invigorated. With spring and warmer weather on the way, here's to the challenge of finding time for the things we love. You gotta fight for the right to . . . . . do whatever it is you do :)
1 comment:
I hear you on that one! I can't wait to have this baby & get back on the road to fitness. My life is so much more balanced with it :)
Post a Comment