It's a new year! I love the fresh start that each new year brings. This one holds a biggie for me. I am turning 30!!! I remember when Dustin turned thirty and he acted like it was no big deal. It is a big deal! Not that it really changes life drastically, but the idea of being thirty is strange. As a twenty something I feel like I am still "young". It's more acceptable to make mistakes and still be figuring things out. As a thirty year old I feel like I suddenly will have to be more responsible and have more of my own wisdom to live on. Anyone share my feeling here? So, I am going to try to grow up in the next 6 months so I will be ready for the big shift into adulthood in June (and secretly hoping that I can find ways to not make it obvious to the unknowing onlooker that I have lost my youth :)
December Review . . .
A trip to Vegas the first of the month . . . favorite activity . . . Bellagio's water show! Love it!!
My little sis CaDee came along to help . . . it was her first time to Vegas! Fun!!
My piano students had their first recital . . . it was great . . . made me proud!
Drew played Joseph in the reading of the Luke 2 on Christmas Eve . . . not so happily :)!
So, 2009 was a good one, but I have a feeling 2010 is going to be awesome. . . can't wait to see what it holds! Happy New Year Everyone (since I have soooo many blog readers I'm sure)!! A thought for the fresh start we've each been given -
Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors,
and let each new year find you a better man. ~Benjamin Franklin
3 comments:
30! I know I'm scared too. I think 30 is the new 20, so we don't have to grow up quite yet!
I love that picture from Las Vegas!! And the picture of Drew. He is so funny!
I'm glad you had fun in Vegas, we love it there! And ya, 30 does sound so old to me. Vic just turned it last week & it is so weird to think that he's that old! I keep teasing him, but he swears nothing has changed in him so he declares that it is NOT old :)
Post a Comment