Dustin just turned to me and said, "Hey why don't you go out and do a blog post and I will watch the kids" Huh???? I didn't even know that Dustin knew what a blog post is, but okay if you say so hubby! It has been a long time and I do appreciate a break from the whining (we have sick kids right now :( ) So, a quick blog post tonight thanks to my supportive husband.
We have had a busy summer that has gone by way to fast. I'm watching the corn growing tall in the fields and thinking, "It can't be time for corn yet, can it??" I have a beautiful garden this summer (by my standards, i.e. not entirely weed free, but somewhat weed controlled and all plants are alive and producing). This is my third year attempting to garden and this is by farrrrrr my best yet. It is the coolest thing to plant a seed in the ground and then see it actually come up. It is even better when you taste the delicious peas straight of the vine, the crisp fresh lettuce, the mouth watering tomatoes, and use the zucchini in so many different recipes that only make it out of the recipe box one time a year. I LOVE IT!!!
Matt turned one year old yesterday! He is my little "cute face" (especially now with his four front teeth with big spaces between them!) Drew is such a big boy! He surprises me every day with his memory, ingenuity, and sense of humor. I didn't realize that you can see the class clown tendency so young :).
Dustin is always busy! He works more than the typical hours every week. And when he's not in the shop you can find him irrigating, feeding animals, or doing something with his calling in the young men. He's a hard worker--I wish I knew where his off button was.
Hope everyone is doing great! Sorry there aren't any pictures--maybe next time!
3 comments:
What a nice husband! I am jealous of your garden. This was our first year attempting a garden, and it has almost been a complete failure. We did get a few peas and some lettuce. Almost everything died or got eaten. Oh well! We learned what not to do next year. Are you still working at all?
That was a good quick update! I have to say I am always shocked what grows out of a tiny seed too. I love it!
I love to garden as well, so much fun. I'm glad to read your update!
Post a Comment